Skip to Main Content


F-1 Visa

Passport and Visa

Most ELI students will need a U.S. F-1 (student) visa.  When we send your acceptance letter and Form I-20 to you, we will include instructions on how to apply for the visa. 

During ELI orientation, you will received detailed information about F-1 visa regulations.  ELI immigration advisors are always available to meet with you throughout your studies to discuss any questions or concerns. 

How to Apply
F-2 Visas for Dependents (Family)
Change of Status
Maintaining F-1 Status


© UMBC English Language Institute · 1000 Hilltop Circle, University Center 207 · Baltimore, MD 21250 · 410-455-2831 ·