Welcome to the UMBC ELI again. This page guides you through the pre-orientation preparation. Please read carefully and learn to follow ALL steps shown below (**NOTE: Please make sure to complete STEP 1 through STEP 3 shown below BEFORE the date of orientation).
If you are not certain about the date and time of the orientation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
(1) Did you take a DuoLingo placement test and submit the score to the UMBC ELI?
If you have not taken the test, please read Placement Test and submit your test score to the UMBC ELI.
(2) Did you receive your UMBC ID number?
You need your UMBC ID number for Step 2. If you do not receive it before orientation, please contact email@example.com immediately.
Click to follow How to create your MyUMBC account. This video also shows you how to use myUMBC, UMBC online platform for emails, classes, billing, and more.
(1) Watch the following video presentation. These include introduction information, immigration information, how to use myUMBC, UMBC’s online platform for emails, classes, billing, and more.
(2) Fill out the following forms by downloading from:
Download Forms From UMBC BOX
This link includes:
- Contact Info Photo Release
- FERPA Form
- Title IX Acknowledgement Form
(3) When you complete the forms, please upload them to:
Upload Forms To UMBC BOX
(4) Take the New Student Survey
You can see your class schedule via your MyUMBC account. Click to learn How to access your class schedule.
Blackboard is the online instructional system used at UMBC. Click to learn How to use Blackboard.
With this video, you will learn important immigration rules and other useful information that will help you to settle down in the U.S.